2019 MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES STATS HIGHLIGHTS
2019 Average Finish
|Martin Truex Jr.
- Most wins this season: 6 Martin Truex Jr.
- Most 2nd-place finishes this season: 4 Alex Bowman, Kyle Busch, Joey Logano & Martin Truex Jr.
- Most top 3 finishes this season: 12 Kyle Busch & Martin Truex Jr.
- Most top 5 finishes this season: 16 Denny Hamlin (Career-high)
- Most top 10 finishes this season: 23 Kyle Busch
- Best average finish this season: 9.5 Kyle Busch
- Most laps led this season: 1375 Kyle Busch
- Most laps led by non-winner this season: 224 William Byron
- Most races led this season: 22 Kyle Busch
- Most poles this season: 5 William Byron & Kevin Harvick
- Most front row starts this season: 10 William Byron
- Best average start this season: 7.5 Kevin Harvick
- Most Playoff race wins this season: 2 Martin Truex Jr.
- Most Playoff race top 2 finishes this season: 3 Martin Truex Jr.
- Most Playoff race top 5 finishes this season: 3 Denny Hamlin, Kevin Harvick, Brad Keselowski & Martin Truex Jr.
- Most Playoff race top 10 finishes this season: 4 Kevin Harvick & Martin Truex Jr.
- Best Playoff race average finish this season: 6.6 Kevin Harvick
- Worst Playoff race average finish this season by Playoff driver: 16.6 Kyle Busch & William Byron
- Best Playoff race average finish this season by non-Playoff driver: 12.8 Aric Almirola
- Most Playoff laps led this season: 221 Denny Hamlin
- Most Playoff races led this season: 4 William Byron & Martin Truex Jr.
- Alex Bowman only Playoff driver with no laps led in Playoff races this season
- 6 of 12 Playoff driver suffered worst Playoff finish of season at Talladega
- Worst finish of season for Bowman & Byron (Tied worst finish of season for Larson – Texas March)
- 5 of top 6 Talladega finishers tied or scored best finish of season
- Brad Keselowski & Joey Logano only drivers to finish top 5 in Stage 1 & 2 at Talladega
- Joey Logano: Finished 11th at Talladega – 44 Points scored (2nd most)
- Clint Bowyer: 1 Stage win this season – Talladega Oct.
- Kyle Larson: 7 DNFs this season
- Alex Bowman: Failed to finish Talladega (Crash) – Only 2nd DNF this season (ISM Raceway March)
- Erik Jones: Failed to finish 3 of last 6 races
- William Byron: Failed to finish only 2 races this season – Daytona 500 & Talladega Oct.
- Kurt Busch: Failed to finish Talladega (Crash) – Only 2nd DNF this season (Each in last 5 races)
- Chase Elliott: Finished 8th at Talladega – Only Hendrick Motorsports driver in top 30 (Only HMS driver running at finish
- Denny Hamlin:
- Finished 3rd at Talladega – Started rear of field (Engine), lap 91 pit road speeding penalty, 5th caution free pass, avg. running position: 19th
- Only Joe Gibbs Racing driver in top 15
- Aric Almirola: Finished 4th at Talladega – Only Stewart-Haas Racing driver in top 15
- Only 2nd top 5 finish this season
- Joe Gibbs Racing: 8 of 188 laps led at Talladega
- Team Penske: 73 of 188 laps led at Talladega
- Top 8 Talladega finishers all from different teams
- Penske, Roush, Gibbs, Stewart-Haas, Front Row, Childress, Go Fas & Hendrick
- (Only team with multiple top 10 finishers: Roush Fenway Racing)
- Roush Fenway Racing: Both drivers finished top 10 at Talladega – First time multiple top 10 finishers since Martinsville 10/17
- 13 Different winners in 31 races this season – 7 Won multiple races
- 6 Different winners in 8 races on 1.5-mile tracks this season – Brad Keselowski & Martin Truex Jr.: 2 Wins
- 4 Different winners in 5 Playoff races this season – Martin Truex Jr. 2, Ryan Blaney 1, Chase Elliott 1 & Kyle Larson 1
- Ryan Newman best non-Playoff finisher last race – Finished 2nd
- Kyle Larson worst Playoff finisher last race – Finished 39th (Won previous race at Dover)
- Clint Bowyer raced into Round of 12 on Charlotte Roval – 14th (-4) pre-race & 9th (+17) post-race
- Alex Bowman raced into Round of 12 on Charlotte Roval – 13th (-2) pre-race & 12th (+5) post-race
- Ryan Blaney, Alex Bowman, Brad Keselowski & Kyle Larson eliminated Round of 12 last season
- Kyle Busch leads all with 11 Stage wins this season (Only 1 Playoff Stage won – Richmond)
- Martin Truex Jr.: 6 Stage wins this season – 3 Stage wins in Playoff races
- Kyle Busch(ISM March & Auto Club)& Martin Truex Jr.(Las Vegas Sept. & Richmond Sept.)only drivers to win consecutive races this season
- First win of season for last 2 winners: Kyle Larson (Dover) & Ryan Blaney (Talladega)
- 3 Won last season, but are winless this season: Aric Almirola, Clint Bowyer & Austin Dillon
- 4 Different teams won last 4 races – Joe Gibbs Racing, Hendrick Motorsports, Chip Ganassi Racing & Team Penske
- 2 Toyota poles this season (Denny Hamlin – Bristol Aug. & Dover Oct.) – 15 Toyota wins this season
- Hendrick Motorsports: 10 Poles this season – 4 Wins
- Hendrick Motorsports: 4 Wins this season – 3 Wins all of last season
- 6 of last 7 Hendrick Motorsports wins by Chase Elliott
- Kyle Busch passed for final lead change 4 times this season including 2 of last 4 races
- Ryan Blaney: Only 1 win in 5 races after leading most laps – Talladega Oct.
- Ryan Blaney best Ford finisher only 4 races this season
- Austin Dillon best Chevrolet finisher 2 races this season – Richmond April & Talladega Oct.
- Closest margin-of-victory this season: .007 Seconds – Talladega Oct. (Ryan Blaney over Ryan Newma
- Team Penske won 3 of first 6 races this season – 3 Wins last 25 races (1 Win last 16 races)
- Ryan Blaney best Team Penske finisher 5 races this season
- Aric Almirola best Stewart-Haas Racing finisher 4 races this season including both Talladega races & Daytona July
- 4 Winners after receiving pit road speeding penalty this season
- Kyle Busch (Auto Club), Denny Hamlin (Texas March), Chase Elliott (Talladega April) & Ryan Blaney (Talladega Oct.)
- Matt Tifft best Rookie finisher at Talladega – Finished 13th
- Youngest winner: Justin Haley – 20
- Oldest winner: Kevin Harvick – 43
- 21 of 31 races this season won by drivers 33-years-old & older (68%)
- William Byron: 5 Career poles (All this season) – Winless from pole
- 6 Drivers won poles this season, but are winless– Almirola, Bowyer, Byron, A. Dillon, Johnson & Suarez